Saturday, April 14, 2007

NYC/New Ulm

Erin & Nina (and Milo) went to New Ulm yesterday. I hope they are having a good time. I miss them. I look forward to speaking with them this morning.

I have had an eventful last two days. It began with snow in Minnesota and my flight getting cancelled. Fortunately it resulted in my flight switching from one with a layover in Chicago (American Airlines) to a direct one (Northwest Airlines).

Thursday's Events
Registration/Breakfast
Cluster Welcomes with Hermes Society/Peer Advisors (PA)
Class Visit (Customer Experience Management - Prof Bernd Schmitt)
Uncluster Lunches in Morningside Heights (Le Monde)
Class Visit (Why Do Countires Grow? - Prof David Beim)
The Ecademy Awards
Thursday Reception
Thursday Night Happy Hour
LABA Party Spring 2007

A brief summary: Met lots and lots of people from an Australian working in Dubai to a New Yorker working as an oil field engineer in the Sahara! I liked both of the sample classes because the Profs not only kept my attention, but also got me thinking.

The Ecademy Awards were just plain cool. The presentations included the CEO/founders of Out 2 Play, Recycle Bank, and Surf Parks among others. Something like Recycle bank is not only cool and profitable, but it also helps people & the environment!

My voice was hoarse from all of the talking (and of course listening).

Friday's Events
Registration/Breakfast
Career Services / Executives in Residence Panel
Intro to the Academic Program by Vice Dean Amir Ziv.
Lunch with Faculty (Social Enterprise)
Student Panel
Keynote Speaker (Carol Einiger '73) President of Post Rock Advisors & member of CBS Board of Overseers
Club Fair
Reception at Bloomingdale's with address by Michael Gould '68 chairman & CEO of Bloomingdale's & member of CBS Board of Overseers
Informal Dinner with 7 other future students
Informal event at 230

I really liked listening to the Carol & Michael. Their advice is priceless!

Today I'm off to walk around the campus & the surrounding neighborhood.

No comments: