Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Gone fishing

This morning Nina and I did something I would have never thought we could do in New York City, FISHING!

Nina and I walked to Harlem Meer in Central Park where they rent bamboo fishing rods to people for free. They give some corn to put on the hook and send you out to see what you can do. We didn't catch much of anything, but Nina had a ball! She held the pole like a pro and really enjoyed herself.

After our fishing expedition was over, we went to a very unusual playground in Central Park. It was all quite new, but everything was modern. It was supposed to be that way to give kids imaginations a workout. Instead of having obvious animals or things to climb on, there the kids could pretend they were on a boat, or a train, or whatever...

Tomorrow Nina and I will be starting our Music Together class. We attended a free demo to check it out and Nina adored it. She danced for about 45 minutes straight! I had to register! Afterwards, we'll be hitting our favorite sandbox at Sakura Park for a playdate. It is amazing how busy Nina and I are now that we're here in New York. There is always something to do or places to go. We're really enjoying ourselves and our New York City experience!

Sidenote: We're super excited to see my sister, Shannon, who will be joining us for Thanksgiving in New York this year. We'll actually be able to go to the Macy's parade instead of watching it on TV!

I hope everyone is enjoying fall. Nick and I have been missing our favorite apple orchard, Minnetonka Orchards, where we used to go every fall in Minnesota. So far, that's the one thing I can't seem to find in NYC! A nice apple brat and apple doughnuts, yum!

No comments: