Saturday, March 24, 2007

Latest Developments

Nina's new phrase is "Hi buddy" for "Hi everybody" and of course (I'm biased) but in my humble opionion, it is one the cutest things around. I'll try and capture a video of it.

On the home selling front, we're up to #24 showings. We have not had as many second showings as had been expected. Much of the feedback has had the consistent message of being concerned about our neighbor's backyard. Consequently we got a quote for extending the fence. Today I went over to the neighbor and asked about the history behind existing fence between our properties. It turns out that he put up the fence because the city had requested it to cover the shed in his back yard. Once I told him that we're thinking of putting in a fence he said that he could do it and would not charge us for labor, but only for materials. I was very pleasantly surprised. He'll start on that project on Monday!

This morning we went to MOA (Mall of America) to search for a second suit for me and a sports coat because Erin read that the CBS students dress quite sharply. At Brooks Brothers we saw one sports coat that looked quite good. Next week there's a 15% sale so perhaps we'll get it. We shall see. After going to several stores, I got a new pair of jeans to replace my current ones with a big hole in the left knee. Nina benefitted by learning the word "hole" :D The new pair was on sale at Eddie Bauer for $19.99 (no sales tax on clothing in MN) down from the original price of $59.99.

No comments: