Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Skype Brings the World Together

This morning, Erin spoke with her parents. Skype is cool. The world is really a global village.

We went to the library at the American Club with Nina and ate a good lunch there. Ok, perhaps I ate too much at the salad bar. I had their version of Rojak consisting of jicama, bean sprouts, cucumbers, and
kang kong (Chinese vegatable). As I post these blogs and look for links, I'm learning things also.

In the afternoon we went to Takashimaya to look at shoes and kitchen supplies. Takashimaya is a large Japanese department store and it's amazing how many gadgets they have ranging from jars that can vacuum seal to preserve freshness, countertop boilers that keep water boiling hot, lime juicers, and much much more.

The Cancer Battle Plan made reference to Fit for Life.

I was particularly shocked with the chapters about animal protein and dairy products (excluding butter). My parents had first bought Fit for Life back in 1991 or so. I thought I had read the book, but I do not recall those two chatpers.

No comments: