Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Flight to New York

Unfortunately I've had my stream of bad luck when flying to New York. For the CBS Open House, my flight got canceled (American), but was able to get a direct flight instead via Northwest. Not bad. On the return, I was fortunate to depart prior to the heavy rain followed by flooding. Not so bad given the canceled flight.

Yesterday, Erin and Nina dropped me off at Land-to-Air, a shuttle service between Mankato/St. Peter & the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. As soon as I sat down on the 9:17am shuttle from St. Peter, I received a voice mail from AA stating that my 11:55am flight was canceled and was reconfirmed on a 3:55pm flight. Thinking that there was an earlier flight, I called them and discovered that the Chicago leg was problem. I had a nice gentleman who checked my luggage on the earliest flights to La Guardia and put me on the standby lists on the three flights prior to my new Chicago outbound flight, scheduled for 5:05pm. I was number 34 on the standby list of the first flight: departing 1:40pm. # 27 on the following flight. For the 3rd 3:40pm flight, it was delayed. Around 3:30pm, I had resigned to the fact that I'd probably be on the 5:05pm fligght. I glanced at the status boards while sauntering to the food court and discovered that this 5:05pm flight was canceled. I immediately went over to one of the rebooking phones and explained my situation. It's my 2nd flight today getting canceled! Fortunately I was quick to notice and act for 2 minutes later, a line of at least 10 people appeared. The person on the phone was able to get me a confirmed seat on the 3:40pm flight (now delayed until 4:19pm).

All in all, I arrived at my brother's apartment at 11:30pm, tired, but relieved to be at my destination!

No comments: